Monday, February 16, 2009

Tucker F



Antarctica warms, which threatens penguins. Anonymous author. Science News for Kids.

In the past 25 years, sea ice off the coast of Western Antarctica has melted. This has made the West coast more vulnerable to warm, moist air. The penguin population plummeted when, over several consecutive years, sea ice dropped eleven percent. It is projected that the Terre Adélie rookery could be home to only 400 breeding pairs by the end of the century. In 1969, there were 15 times as many penguins.


I thought this article was very informative and well written. I was surprised that the penguin population was decreasing so much. I would like to know what we could do to help and if they keep decreasing as fast as they are, when will they become extinct?

2 comments:

  1. Your article was very informative. I liked the statistics you gave us in your summery. I also like the picture. However, I think that a bit more information would be nice.
    -Breanna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good post and the font was easy to read, but just a bit more of info would be good.

    Jacob H

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.