By Elizabeth Landau
CNN News
Scientists have found that the condition of Synesthesia, when the senses are mixed causing people to see numbers, letters, or sounds as certain colors, is genetic. It is thought that only a single gene can cause synesthesia. But they have also had cases where the chromosomes of 2,5,6, and 12 are also responsible for synesthesia. People with synesthesia also may have "cross-wiring between brain regions". This means for example that "visually areas are activated in response to sound." Scientist believe that one way synesthesia is born is in the early ages of brain development when brain connections that everyone has when their born do not disappeared.
I really like this article. I think it is amazing that people can connect colors with numbers or words. I was surprised that there are so many people in the world that have this condition and that not many people know about it. Can synesthesia effect how you do math? Would it make you do better or worse?
I thought that you picked a very interesting article and I never new this. I also liked that you used quotes. One thing that could be improved is if you were to cite where your qoutes came from.
ReplyDeleteMorgan H.