**I HAD TROUBLE HYPERLINKING... the website URL is below**
Article: Backward Green Comet Makes One-Time Only Visit
Author: Seth Borenstein
Source: Yahoo News
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090217/ap_on_sc/sci_odd_comet;_ylt=AhiYGtDXBKFbaQ6XvCD8mVwPLBIF
A green comet, that has never been near the sun before, is making its journey to the sun. It travles clockwise while we travel counterclockwise, which gives the comet the appearance of moving backward. In other words the tail of the comet seems to be ahead of it. The comet gets it's green tinge from a type of carbon and cyanogen, a gas that is poisonous.
This article interested me because i like astronomy and it is cool how something like this can occur, where we have no control. It surprised me that the comet is green and that it can appear to be moving backwards. I would like to have seen a picture about what i have read and i would like to know if this occurance was rare.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your article was really interesting, but a little more information in your summery would have been nice.
ReplyDelete~Katie P.~ ; )
I thought that your summary was very fasinating and I think that some more imformation would have been helpful.
ReplyDeleteMorgan H.