Satellites collidie over Siberia, creating showers of debris./
Discover Magazine
On 2/12/09, a defunct Russian space satellite and a U.S. space satellite collided over Siberia. The impact, which was a total surprize to NASA, created imense showers of debris. NASA said it was the first collision of its kind. NASA estimated 600 peices of scattered debris had flown from the impact, and that even the sall chunks posed a threat at such high speeds.
I thought this article was very informative and was well written. I had not heard that 2 satellites had collided and thought I would have. I would have liked to know what NASA is going to do about all the debris.
Mrs. George, I had some trouble with hyperlinking.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was a good post and good use of the word defunct, but you could try only hyperlinking the title
ReplyDeleteJacob H