"A clean getaway." Dina Fine Maron. December 3, 2008. Science News For Kids.
Recent studies show that the use of "Oxy" cleaners might cause forensic tests for blood stains to be useless. These Oxy cleaners use tons of oxygen to clean the stains. This causes the hemoglobin in the blood to get all the oxygen it needs, making it impossible for detectives to detect blood at a crime scene.
Recent studies show that the use of "Oxy" cleaners might cause forensic tests for blood stains to be useless. These Oxy cleaners use tons of oxygen to clean the stains. This causes the hemoglobin in the blood to get all the oxygen it needs, making it impossible for detectives to detect blood at a crime scene.
I thought this article was very interesting. I was surprised to find out that these over-the-counter oxy cleaners could actually help a criminal cover up a crime. I would like to know if forensic investigators have ever seen this be done before and if so, how many times.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.