Scientists at Penn State University have discovered the genetic code of the wooly mammoth and say the might be able to re-create it. This discovery will help scientists find a way to protect animals from extinction.
I think this article is interesting because it is amazing how far scientist have come if they are able to re-create an extinct animal. I think it's important that have found away to maybe prevent a certain species from extinction. It was surprising that one strand of DNA could hold so much information. I would like to know how the mammoths became extinct and what would happen if scientists actually re-created a wooly mammoth. Would they be able to survive in the hotter climates? What if global warming makes it impossible for them to live on earth and would it be worth it if they weren't able to live?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.