Monday, January 26, 2009

Alex S.

THE SCIENCE OF STARS
the article is from: BBC News
No Author stated


Star light is absorbed in the atmosphere which makes them "twinkle", unlike the planets. Scientists can actually weigh stars by measuring its luminosity, or how much light energy it gives off. Astronomers can ever tell what a star is made of by looking at their spectrum, or rays. Some starlight is over 20 billion years old, which means when looking at certain stars, you are seeing the light from just after the big bang.



This article was very informative and easy to read. I liked it because it article was very interesting. I did not know scientists could weigh stars and tell what element their are made of. I would like to have known if the sun blew up, would we see the explosion eight minutes later? And if you could see far out enough, could you see the aftermath of the big bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.