Thursday, January 22, 2009

Renee L.

Author not mentioned


Antidepressants, drugs usually used to help people feel better, are excreted in urine. When the water is cleaned to be put back into the natural bodies of water, the drugs are not cleaned out. These drugs are being unintentionally put into the streams near the cleaning facilities that fish live in, giving them unnatural and sluggish results. Some of these results are slower reaction time to catch prey and run from predators. It's even causing some fish to make an egg protein normally made only by females. The drugs that make you happier do not seem to work for the fish.

Effects of Antidepressants on Certain Fish (hanging vertical in the water)

I thought it was a good article because it explained everything well. It was a topic I understood and enjoyed reading about. I didn't feel confused when I was going through it. It's writing was also well-organized. When I found out that the drugs that could turn people that suffer from depression happier again also make the fish less responsive, I was surprised to hear that it was switched. I was also very surprised when I found out that when they cleaned the water, they did not clean the drugs out. I would really like to know what they are planning on doing about the problem. Also, they only tested certain drugs on certain fish. I want to know about more drugs effects on different fish, or if it's the same for all species. Overall, I enjoyed my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.